Thursday, June 4, 2009

please tell me I can't because then I will

At first, she thought we were day riders--this Denver girl who has bicycle toured the US and SE Asia. We said Mom followed us for a few days and was carrying gear. We suggested that she too let her camping buddy, who traveled by car, help with her bags. "Oh no," said Carrie. "It's an ego thing. I never get separated from my gear."

We told her the next day our caravan leaves us and we are on full gear again, she warned us a brutal day with thousands feet of climbing was next and we should ask for help for one more day.

How dare she? This girl- who won't let her gear go- tells us we aren't strong enough for the next day's ride!

Nothing made us happier than 3 days later when we met again at another campground. "Wow, how did you make it here?" she asked. "I thought you took a day off."

We did.

And the route that took her 3 days took us 2--with all our gear! Boo Yah! How's that for strong legs!

1 comment: