Thursday, June 4, 2009

fun times

We've been experiencing some pretty neato things in the past few days. Unfortunately, we've been out of cell service and couldn't share our thoughts. As I sit here in a grassy cove in front of the beach about 80 miles south of San Francisco, I thought it would be fun to revisit a few of those situations:

1) Rural areas have the best fruit stands. One of my favorite things to do is roll up on a streetside table, grab a box of cherries for 4 bucks, and then continue on my ride. Today we found one with remarkable strawberries.

2) Sheep make great sounds. I was grinding up an incline next to a field of sheep of all ages and they were all talking. Each baa was unique in pitch, length, and depth. The musical result was a joy to my ears--much better than my heavy breathing.

3) Riding on a freeway is as stupid and scary as it sounds. One should never have to cross on a loaded bike a 2-lane freeway exit--twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment