Tuesday, June 9, 2009

today's ride was harder than i ever imagined

But it's because I didn't know my rear brake was on the wheel.

Yesterday in SLO, adrian left in a rental car after we switched my bike from panniers to the BOB trailer. I knew this morning it was going to be heavier than my previous set up, but I had no idea it would keep me from going faster than 10 on flat roads with a tail wind.

After the major climb up harris grade into Lompoc, I stopped at a bike shop to get help with my derailer making music with my spokes.it was then I learned that I was actually fighting my own brakes and not the weight of the trailer. Oops--and a good reminder to always check the basic components of your bike before each ride.

I ended my ride north of santa barbara at an ocean-front camp spot in refugio. A refreshing ocean swim has me all set for tomorrow's 80 miler.

1 comment:

  1. lady you're amazing. and yes, pretend you are like me, a novice rider, every time you set up and hit the saddle!

    ReplyDelete